About The Mayor's Committee For Employment of Individuals With DisabilitiesEducate - Empower - Employ
Who We Are
The Santa Clarita Valley Mayor’s Committee for Employment of Individuals with Disabilities is one of over 30 committees located throughout the state to promote the efforts of the California Governor’s Committee.
The Governor’s Committee was originally established in 1947 to assist disabled veterans to become employed; over time the purpose of the Committee has changed and now focuses on promoting information to affect public attitudes regarding all people with disabilities.
The goals of the Committee include:
- Increasing the number of people with disabilities in the local workforce
- Offering employers the resources needed to hire valuable employees with disabilities
- Increasing disability awareness
- Supporting employers and employees in successful, long-term job placement
- Promoting employment opportunities for people with disabilities
What We Do
The Santa Clarita Valley Mayor’s Committee for Employment of Individuals with Disabilities seeks to 1. EDUCATE employers on the benefits and social responsibility that come with employing individuals with disabilities. 2. EMPOWER employers to hire individuals with disabilities by providing them with essential information and other resources. 3. Increase EMPLOYMENT in the Santa Clarita Valley by working to reduce barriers to hiring individuals with disabilities.